Bank Iowa will host a 2020 ag event where leaders across the state will discuss important trends in the industry. The event will be at Zion Lutheran Church on January 9 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Discussion topics will include:
- How to use marketing tactics to sell 2019 grain and plan for the 2020 season.
- Updates from the Farm Service Agency (FSA) and what will be changing in the renewal of the 2020 farm bill.
- An economic outlook on the agricultural economy and a prediction on the future trade environment.
- Estate planning and how to look ahead towards retirement.
Speakers will include:
- Steve Knuth– Founder of AgWest Commodities
- Knuth co-founded AgWest Commodities in 1999 with a mission of delivering simple yet effective price risk management programs to producers.
- David Waechter– FSA County Executive Director
- Waechter is the director of the local FSA office in Humboldt County.
- Dermot Hayes– Iowa State University Economics and Finance Professor
- Hayes is a Charles F. Curtiss Distinguished Professor in Agriculture and Life Sciences at Iowa State University. He holds the Pioneer Hi-Bred International Chair in Agribusiness and is a professor of economics and finance.
- Joe Twidwell– Security National Bank
- Twidwell is the vice president and trust officer at Security National Bank. He works with businesses, individuals and families to help plan for their financial future and put their plans into action.
Those who are interested in attending this event are encouraged to RSVP by contacting the Bank Iowa Humboldt location at 515-332-1451.