BalanceBanking: Renew & Reestablish
Getting back on solid financial ground may be easier than you think. With BalanceBanking, a BankOn certified account,* you can get started on your own path to financial freedom right away. This standard checking account provides the convenience of all the banking essentials while equipping users with the safeguards needed to get back on track.
- $10 minimum opening deposit
- $5 monthly service fee (plus tax)
- Free debit card (checkless account)***
- Free Online and mobile banking (bill pay and mobile deposit are unavailable for this account)
- No overdraft or NSF fees**
- Free identity theft services
- Four free official checks per month upon request
- Free e-statement with check images (paper statement is unavailable for this account)
- No early account closure or dormant account fees will be charges on this account
- This account is not eligible for Bank Iowa's Overdraft Privilege or Overdraft Privilege Plus
*BankOn, led by national nonprofit organization the Cities for Financial Empowerment Fund, works to ensure that everyone has access to a safe, affordable transactional banking accounts.
**Account allows spending of funds available in the account. A transaction may get declined or returned if there is not enough money in the account to cover the item. There may be situations where the account may be overdrawn causing a negative balance, but an overdraft fee will not be assessed. Account holders are expected to remedy the overdrawn balance as soon as they are aware. Multiple instances of the account being overdrawn may result in the account being closed for misuse.
***This is a checkless account, so checks are not allowed. If checks are written and posted to this account, Bank Iowa will close the account for misuse.